Need some advice!

jwill130

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
164   0
Reaction score
I’m planning on this week going and getting a can. Plan to do form 4 individual and use my local gun store. This will be my first can and I’m new to all of this. The rifles I plan to use it on are a 308 bolt gun, 6.5 Creedmoor bolt gun, 6.5 grendel Ar15 and a couple of 5.56 Ar15s. I’m leaning toward the Dear Air Sandman S. I like the mount options. Am I on the right track here? Anything anyone else thinks would be better? I also noticed you can get a 5.56 front cap for the sandman to reduce first round pop. I know a dedicated can would be better but I’m only wanting to buy one at the moment to see if it’s something I like, which I know I will. Thanks guys!

The Sandman is a good can. However, I'd suggest you consider a direct thread can like the Sandman TI. When you start thinking about the cost of mounts at $100 or so each you are going to spend almost as much in mounts as the can. Then there's the question of mount availability years from now. You dont have to worry about that with direct thread. I own both direct thread and QD and I found that I use the direct thread cans more. Just my 2 cents

Welcome to the brotherhood. Just a warning you will want more after the first one. Lays chips ain't got anything on suppressors :) .

also if you are thinking Dead Air cans, check out the Area 419 brake/suppressor mount. I saw it at the Precision Rifle Expo a few weeks ago and they are going to have the DA mount soon.

From my understanding (and anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here), you put their basic Hellfire Universal adapter on your rifle ($40 each). From here you can attach (tool free for the most part) either their Hellfire muzzle brake, or their adapter for Dead Air or other cans. Dead Air isn't showing on the website but they had one at the expo and said they should be in production shortly. This could be a better option if you aren't shooting multiple guns at the same time but want to have either a brake or a can on when you do shoot and have a few different guns. Buy one adapter for each rifle ($40/), and then one suppressor mount ($90) for the can and one brake ($165 but comes with 1 adapter) and you should be good to go.

https://www.area419.com/product/hellfire-universal-adapter/

I would look at doing a trust imo.

Why? It used to be the be the better option, but unless you plan on letting people on your trust borrow it then individual is easier now. I have a trust with a few cans and SBRs, but my last two cans I did individual. To each their own though. As to the OP, look at the Nomad. Great all around suppressor with multiple mounting options as well as direct thread adapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the nomad . I’ve tested every good 762 on the market and it’s still the best sounding .
The nomad allows you to use just about anyone’s quick detach mount system :

q
Griffin
Silencerco
Dead air

all of these can be used with the dead air nomad . I broke 14,000 rounds down mine the other weekend . Still rolling strong

also don’t waste time on a trust unless you plan to let folks borrow it while you are above ground . Other than that it’s not useful.

if your going to do the end cap thing just get the flash reducing dead air end cap along with the ebrake . It removes all flash from a 10.5 inch 5.56 which is amazing .

Hit me up at QRF and I’d be happy to show you all of the newest and best the market has to offer . I can get you just about anything

6A60E399-81AF-4F42-84AD-886426C72C91.jpeg

Get the nomad . I’ve tested every good 762 on the market and it’s still the best sounding .
The nomad allows you to use just about anyone’s quick detach mount system :

q
Griffin
Silencerco
Dead air

all of these can be used with the dead air nomad . I broke 14,000 rounds down mine the other weekend . Still rolling strong

also don’t waste time on a trust unless you plan to let folks borrow it while you are above ground . Other than that it’s not useful.

if your going to do the end cap thing just get the flash reducing dead air end cap along with the ebrake . It removes all flash from a 10.5 inch 5.56 which is amazing .

Hit me up at QRF and I’d be happy to show you all of the newest and best the market has to offer . I can get you just about anything

View attachment 2324804

Call this guy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom