Need some wood working advice about a table saw

The clamp guide and circular saw method works well as has already been mentioned. I cut sheet goods for many years with the roll around saw you posted. If you take a little time and set up a stable feed table you can handle sheet goods with ease. I have even screwed my circular saw to the center of a sheet of plywood and then dropped the blade through. Flip that sucker upside down on a pair of sawhorse and you have a redneck table saw in a pinch lol. Point being it’s all about a stable, smooth, flat, platform to slide the material around on.

Very nice work.
Thanks. Kreg jigs and pocket screw system works very well for me. I think the bora clamp Is somewhere in this pic. All advice here is very useful. Even when using a clamp on guide, you neeed to make sure you are on a slip free, stable, very flat surface. I simply used a piece of BC plywood under the top sheet of my raw lumber stack. Occasionally threw a slightly damp towel under (far from cut line) for extra grip. Anything under 32" I used a dewalt portable table saw.
20170209_161432.jpg

I don't think there is a one size fits all solution. I have a Rigid table saw that is heavy but has casters that can be moved or locked.
I also have a DeWalt 16 in compound/miter saw that I have used a lot, especially cutting boards for my flooring.
Some people can freehand cut a straight line, I ain't one of them.

Depends on the project that is requiring the sheet goods to be cut. In my limited experience I had a fullsize table saw(but not a good fence) and still used a circular saw and clamp on fence to cut down plywood because it was easier for me and I didnt have good help. I made a DIY fence and it did everything I needed. For my project (built in cabinets) the face frames where 10x more important cuts than the plywood. I used a mitersaw but would have preferred a nice fence on a good tablesaw - several cuts didnt pass when joined together. I spent most of my tool money on a nice router table/lift/motor and several hundred in bits for the trim and raised panel doors.

cabinet.jpg

Depends on the project that is requiring the sheet goods to be cut. In my limited experience I had a fullsize table saw(but not a good fence) and still used a circular saw and clamp on fence to cut down plywood because it was easier for me and I didnt have good help. I made a DIY fence and it did everything I needed. For my project (built in cabinets) the face frames where 10x more important cuts than the plywood. I used a mitersaw but would have preferred a nice fence on a good tablesaw - several cuts didnt pass when joined together. I spent most of my tool money on a nice router table/lift/motor and several hundred in bits for the trim and raised panel doors.

View attachment 1514742 .
That looks great! When can you start and how do you like your steaks? ;)

Look at Grizzly table saws. I’ve got one of their 5hp models and it’s an absolute workhorse. They’ve also got shaper/router tables that are decent as well. Grizzly’s have the same guts as higher priced equipment, they just sell direct to the end user vs. distributors.

“Anything that’ worth cutting down a tree for is worth doing right” - Guy Clark

Back
Top Bottom