Need someone who can pour a shower pan

Nope, you frame it in with pressure treated, line it and then set your drain. Bucket carry Crete in and Trowel/grade it. then set your tile.

typically used on lower level or ground floor/Slab showers due to weight
What he said, do not use a hydraulic leveler. I've seen people use it not realizing that it is self leveling & the water just sets. Make your crete a little wetter than if your laying brick. Old school line the pressure treated board with roofing felt.

Who's laying the tile? There not that hard to do, if your laying the tile you can build the tile bed. There not that hard. There are a ton of video's on you tube. If a company is laying the tile they probably wouldn't warranty the work unless they made the base.

I did, back issues keep me from doing such things now. If you are not so inclined there are cultured marble companies that will pour it to your specs then deliver and set it for you. It's a resin two part mixture that is made to look like marble and just durable, plus you can pick the color and not that expensive.

Do you do this kind of work?

most of the old guys that have the moral character to do the job right are too old to do the job and the young guys are going to cut more corners than you want to know about.

Knees and back just wont do it anymore.
I Set my last one with a steel/Ceramic pan.

IMG_20150909_171002779_HDR.jpg

most of the old guys that have the moral character to do the job right are too old to do the job and the young guys are going to cut more corners than you want to know about.

Knees and back just wont do it anymore.
I Set my last one with a steel/Ceramic pan.

View attachment 637374
Looks great, nice work sir.

Shower pan kits are available at floor and decore. They make angled wedges that make it darn near idiot proof. Also pour it a little on the dry side. If lined properly and minimal air flow it will take a month to dry. Ive poured hundreds of them thru the years. Very easy job.

Last edited:
Its really easy to do yourself. Don't forget to install your membrane first. Then just mix up some "sand/topping" mix from home depot and slope it towards the drain. You can draw a line around the edges to help keep it level around the walls. If your worried about it you can buy the angled wedges mentioned above but usually its just and easy to freehand it.

Back
Top Bottom