Not local, but if it were mine I’d send it to Ford’s Custom Refinishing in FL. They are THE shop when it comes to high polish finishes.

You can have it done local, or you can have it done RIGHT.
Their "Mirror Finish" use to be 300 bucks... when SS guns had basically the same metallurgy I think even a company as great as Fords has had to rethink "new" SS and the huge variety of materials that are now being produced all over the world.

What was once OK we are covered at 300 is now... "We want to see the gun!"

I just got a new phone, so unfortunately I don't have any pictures handy, but I can help you out with that.

I do believe BLIP BLIP had one of my revolvers with a high polish finish on it. I do believe he said something to the effect of he got scared cause he could see his reflection in the side plate. LOL
Yes Rabbit has done some pretty cool finishes and will not share the formula... However, in my finish quest I thought instead of changing the chemical structure lets just get some Mothers Mag Polish on some Aluminum variants... I am polishing the #@&% out of a Smith 637... It has been my experience that high speed polish and most alloys are a bad combo.

I just got a new phone, so unfortunately I don't have any pictures handy, but I can help you out with that.

I do believe BLIP BLIP had one of my revolvers with a high polish finish on it. I do believe he said something to the effect of he got scared cause he could see his reflection in the side plate. LOL
Some agency is holding for me at the moment.

Attachments

• rabbit.jpg
    rabbit.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 32
I have used Fords for re-bluing after engraving and it was 4 months to complete. Fantastic results though.

Back
Top Bottom