• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need Tire Advice

philwil68

Default rank <2500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Guitar and Gun Slinger
114   0
Reaction score
We are moving to northern Missouri, and I need some advice on some all terrain tires. The winters bring snow and ice, and I am looking for something to throw on the ram's stock wheels. No bigger than 31" and I can't shell out money for something like Super Swampers. Any tips?

Got the Cooper A/T3's Look good and have a 55,000 mile tread wear warranty.

btw, price was the lowest in my size and for what performance I wanted. Kauffman tire $950 OTD tax included w an alignment. Most the name brands were $11-1300 range. IE bfg, nitto, Michelin, toyo etc

Last edited:
I have Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenzas on my Avalanche. It had Wrangler A/T's from the factory and they were not that nice. The Duelers had been deer hunting in the mud in Ohio once, 2 Christmas vacations in Ohio and made it through the ice storm we had here no problem. For living there full time you might want the Dueler A/T's. I think the 4x4 helped alot. If you are 2wd, you will need salt or sand bags in the bed. Don't go too wide on the tires as if it's thick you have to push the tires through the snow.

Last edited:
Being a native of Missouri (Kansas City), the Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac will be an excellent tire for your needs. Offers great on road handling, as well as off road capabilities. They are snow rated (have the snow flake symble ON the tire), and I know many folks that are getting 50+ thousand miles out of them. The Dueler A/T as mentioned before is a good tire, but they're expensive, and didn't seem to have good 'wet' road traction when I had them on my truck. Currently, you can get the Duratrac's at Discount Tire (they price match, and onlinetires.com has cheaper prices), AND you get a $60 mail in rebate!

Where are you moving to in Missouri?

I have firestone A/T tires on my durango. during the ice storm 2 winters ago my truck had no problems at all on the ice. Good tires and relatively inexpensive compared to the other brands.

Also, for the most part, the roads in Missouri are terrible. Especially if you're moving to a rural part (St. Joseph, Cameron, Kirksville, Savannah, Maryville, Chillicothe, etc..)

If you can afford it, I always kept 2 sets of tires when I was living up North. A set of true "snow tires" for winter and a set of "all terrains" for the rest of the year.

Back
Top Bottom