• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Work on Heat Pump

The Boss

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
52   0
Reaction score
Got Two carrier Heat pumps that need some diagnosing to correct Frosting issue and outside unit not turning on. Might need a new contactor or maybe something wrong with furnace sending signal to contactor. Basically, the downstairs unit works but freezes in the winter. Upstairs just needs a part and is not working. I can manually push in the contactor and it works.

I can’t afford to pay full price for company tech but willing to pay someone for reliable side work. In Dallas text 2096423969.

sounds like possible freon issue when frosting.
Also capacitors seem to go bad on units more often than not.

But I ain't an HVAC person.
I already switched out a bad Capacitor but the Contactor will not pull in on its own when calling for cooling. The unit that freezes might have an issue with the defrost cycle/components. Just not sure how to diagnose. I have more experience with non-heat pump units.

I already switched out a bad Capacitor but the Contactor will not pull in on its own when calling for cooling. The unit that freezes might have an issue with the defrost cycle/components. Just not sure how to diagnose. I have more experience with non-heat pump units.

someone here should chime in. There are several HVAC fellas.

Capture+_2020-12-09-06-24-47-1.png
@captdave77

A low pressure switch could keep contactor from snapping in. Or issue in general with low volts, transformer is place to start checking voltage, then wire to stay by looking for 24 volts there. Then back to unit circuit boards etc. Down here in south Ga lizards & green frogs crawl behind circuit boards & fry them

Back
Top Bottom