• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Never Forget what happened and take time to pay respect to all lost 22 yrs ago tomorrow,

I haven’t been to sleep since Saturday night got up Sunday at 8 AM had a cup of coffee and haven’t been to bed since. I can never sleep on September 10. I was in town but I was supposed to be in Manhattan New York supervising a restaurant package install. When I was in Chicago, I went to the Sears tower to the observation deck and on my day off I would’ve been at the trade center at the observation deck, but my trip was canceled and put off for two weeks. I was getting out of the shower and getting ready to go to work at the office and I heard “My God the plane just hit the world trade center” I ran to the TV in the bedroom and stood there with my mouth wide open. I brushed my teeth and kept getting ready and heard “My God another plane hit the other tower”. Got in my truck started heading to the office. Got about five minutes away from home and I’ve heard that a plane has hit the Pentagon. Turned my truck around went home and I grabbed my AR and my chest rig with loaded magazines. Still don’t know what I was thinking. Got to work pulled up (we supplied restaurant packages) and there was a guy there in Middle Eastern garb just chatting away on his phone 1000 miles an hour, I couldn’t tell if he was happy, or if he was terrified. When I got out of my truck with my AR and my chest rig I think he became terrified because he jumped in his car and left. Went inside to the conference room and watched until the first tower fell and I went out back tears streaming down my face. I was so ****ing infuriated. I wanted to kill everybody who did this. I pray for all the souls lost and families affected by the murders. My parents had Pearl Harbor and unfortunately we had 9/11.

i was downtown ATL with another guy that was actually a friend of mine. We had procured a contract killing mosquitos in ATL during that time . We were doing our jobs and heard about the first two then went to one of our clients offices and watched the tv for an hour. We were just mesmerized by what was happening and both of us at the same time was like : “ We gotta go !” We both wanted to get home to our families. I was driving and he was making phone calls. We both went straight home, didn’t even go back to the office to pick up our cars. He didn’t live too far from me at the time so I took him to his place and went home. Luckily both our wives and kids were home by the time we got there !
It was a wild time, very sad - full of all kinds of emotions and really unpredictable as to what was going to happen next !

I was at work and had the radio on listening to some music. I was focus on this machine I was repairing when I heard the music stop mid-song. The DJ said a plane had just hit the first tower. I remember mumbling to myself. "what a dumba$$" thinking it was one of those touristy,single prop planes that got too close or someone showing out. Then I heard the DJ voice change and he said something to the effect of "omg a second plane has hit the other tower!" thats when I ran to the computer and pulled up some news sites.

1694460632614.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom