• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New 1911 build with cool new trigger system.

Thanks. This one was a little challenging to get it to perform the way I wanted. May be partially due to using parts from all different manufacturers. This time, the various tolerances didn't stack in my favor. Took a lot of digging around and measuring everything a bunch of times, but its good to go now. Im anxious to get some time behind the new trigger. If it doesn't work out, I can always go beck to a traditional trigger, it wont change the way the gun shoots.
This gun will allow me to retire my Range Officer that Ive been using for Bullseye for some time now. I will be re-purposing that one as an IDPA/ GADPA pistol, but That will be the subject of another thread.

Thanks again for your help on this one Dave.
Another bluing project will hopefully be in your hands within the month. Ill txt you when its ready.

SWEET Blaster, Mark! That Hinged Trigger reminds me of the ones Gun Craft in Ruskin, FL used to make for the Double-stack 1911's, but with some further REFINEMENTS...Were those groups fired with your Handloads? Lead or Jacketed Projo?

Hey Mike! Ive heard of those Gun Craft triggers, but cant even find a picture of one. Im sure thats where Christoph (the designer of this one) got some inspiration.

Totally forgot to mention the ammo. Yes, they are my handloads.
Its Magnus 185 JHP (Nosler type), 4.5 gr of Bullseye, Starline brass and WLP primers. 1.22" OAL and .469 crimp. Its a very accurate load. Time permitting, I will experiment a little with powder/OAL, to see if it tightens up any.

Whats up Travis!

Thanks. On any other 1911, I would agree..... Outrageous sacrilege!!!! But this is really a target pistol that just happens to be built using mostly 1911 parts. I THINK that makes it ok.

Back
Top Bottom