• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New England Fall Foliage?

Last time I was in Vermont, I parked the camper in Quechee and made day trips. Stayed a week and just drove around every day. 10 mos latter. Irene hit. I had reservations at the KOA on the Outter Banks. It washed the road out. Several of the scenic roads, 100yr+ old covered bridges that I had just visited....gone. The one in Quechee survived but the road washed away around it

Reactions: GFB
I've drove to the top of Mt. Washington...beautiful.
My BIL/SIL live in Manchester, NH...been many times.

I've even saw the Old Man of the Mountain before it's nose fell off :(
I Got some pics of it before the nose fell off. That has been a while back. The Flume Gorge close to there is good to see. Have to do a moderate hike. I've been to Mt. Washington but did not get up there. Cold windy day. I have been up there many times chasing leaves. My timing has never been good. Never seen color like I see in pictures. Wind and early snow left bare branches in New Hampshire. Maple trees are funny. You will see one in full color and the one next to it is still green

Thanks for all the input. Here's an update what I'm looking at so far. Fly into Manchester, NH. Rental car to Burlington for a few days. Over to White Mountains for a day. On to Bar Harbor for a couple days. Then head back to Manchester to head home. Making kind of circle through VT, NH, and Maine. One week total.

Sounds reasonable. The farther North you are the earlier color will be out, so if you are late September or (better) early October you have a good chance of catching some good viewing.

New Hampshire- "Live Free or Die".

Spent a long weekend at my cousins place there, unbelievable the difference after we turned west from taxatusits. No billboards, nice folks.

No income tax, and no sales tax. Property tax was reasonable, easy living, well worth the visit.

I may retire up there. I do enjoy the cold.

Thanks for all the input. Here's an update what I'm looking at so far. Fly into Manchester, NH. Rental car to Burlington for a few days. Over to White Mountains for a day. On to Bar Harbor for a couple days. Then head back to Manchester to head home. Making kind of circle through VT, NH, and Maine. One week total.

If you have time, try Boothbay Harbor also.

Back
Top Bottom