• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Hunter Needing Help

SlowMotion

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
7   0
Reaction score
Have been talking about learning to hunt for the last couple years. I took the hunter safety course last year and have been practicing with both my bow and rifle. I just need help finding a spot to hunt. Land I was hoping to hunt just sold. I possibly have access to a 5 acre parcel but I'm thinking it's too small. Anybody else hunt parcels that small? 1/2 is field other 1/2 is wooded.

Honestly, I would really appreciate someone showing me the ropes or at least point me in the right direction of places to hunt.

Have been talking about learning to hunt for the last couple years. I took the hunter safety course last year and have been practicing with both my bow and rifle. I just need help finding a spot to hunt. Land I was hoping to hunt just sold. I possibly have access to a 5 acre parcel but I'm thinking it's too small. Anybody else hunt parcels that small? 1/2 is field other 1/2 is wooded.

Honestly, I would really appreciate someone showing me the ropes or at least point me in the right direction of places to hunt.
5 acres is small, but maybe not, depending what's around you. I'd recommend bow hunting on it for sure....

Here's what the property and surrounding area look like. This picture is from the fall/winter but you get the idea.

upload_2016-9-2_13-43-13.png

Id hunt the woods with a bow. There isn't a lot of woods there so it will be easy to over hunt. Looks like the hardwoods are in the back corner. It's a little early for acorns but some are falling already. Check for trails likely going across the middle wooded part. It kind of looks like there is a drain or ditch in the pic I'd go scout a good tree to climb for opening bow. Keep the predominate wind in mind while picking a spot. You probably do best with an evening hunt. There is a lot to learn but you will learn a lot in a hurry just going. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom