New law coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
So could you be ticketed for driving the speed limit?

That's ****ed up.

Exactly. I will do about 8 over the speed limit, steadily passing other slower drivers, yet if I don't get over for the speed demons I will be ticketed? IMO if you are doing the speed limit or over then according to the law, you are going the "fastest" you can go and should be allowed in the "fast" lane.

Maybe they should start ticketing texting drivers and jaywalkers at an increasing rate as well. Pisses me off.

I am all for this. Soo many times I have been rolling along with the cruise set on 65 and going with the flow, and all of a sudden start gaining on the car in front of me. When I pass them, I see them playing with their phone.

Exactly. I will do about 8 over the speed limit, steadily passing other slower drivers, yet if I don't get over for the speed demons I will be ticketed? IMO if you are doing the speed limit or over then according to the law, you are going the "fastest" you can go and should be allowed in the "fast" lane.

I do believe there will need to be a small amount of common sense if this law does pass. I think what the law is trying to prevent is a person that is very obviously going much slower than all the other traffic around them from causing an accident by being in the far left lane. :thumb:

I'm also willing to bet that most cops would just issue a warning and let them go on there way.

I do believe there will need to be a small amount of common sense if this law does pass. I think what the law is trying to prevent is a person that is very obviously going much slower than all the other traffic around them from causing an accident by being in the far left lane. :thumb:

I'm also willing to bet that most cops would just issue a warning and let them go on there way.

Just like they have been, the accidents will be the majority of the enforcement.

It can also "try" and deter people from driving vehicles that aren't fit to be driven on the express way. I know similar laws in Germany exist. They have very stiff penalties for not moving over and allowing faster traffic by and driving a vehicle that isn't "road worthy".

The law already states slow traffic keep right. Maybe this creates a better way to enforce the law. Nothing is more aggravating than some dimwit with cars lined up behind them in the fast lane.

It can also "try" and deter people from driving vehicles that aren't fit to be driven on the express way. I know similar laws in Germany exist. They have very stiff penalties for not moving over and allowing faster traffic by and driving a vehicle that isn't "road worthy".

Germans follow laws without the need for continuous enforcement.....Americans, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom