• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Lee Progressive press coming out in April

Which press?

• Total voters
Here's the response from Lee (I haven't done this yet, but will when I get time and let you know how it works):

Tighten up the two 9/16" nuts on the toggle linkage to remove any "wag" from the linkage. With the linkage tightened to eliminate any side to side slop, loosen the three allen bolts that retain the tool head, insert a case in station 3, and run it up into the die, adjust the top tool head, so it enters without hitting the die. This should be done on all four stations. Once everything is in alignment, tighten down three allen bolts, with provided allen wrench.

If this sounds intimidating, please send back press and we will make any necessary adjustments for you.

To remove a case from the shell plate, simply pull case outwards, the case retainer will open for you. (this to accomplish a periodic verification/check of powder weight)

Thanks,
Andy

Lee Precision, Inc.
4275 Highway U
Hartford, WI 53027
phone: 262-673-3075

Initially, I didn't understand just how critical "WAG" was .. So, getting the problem resolved was a "learning" process:

"WAG" or ANY lateral "WIGGLE" in the linkage can cause problems (Observe the Cam Link at its base for "Wobble" ... there should be NONE). Cam Link or the Rod that the turret indexes on ... the Rod that's captured by the die in the first station on the Head ...

The press is now turning out product at an acceptable rate with an acceptable level of quality ...

Time will tell whether it will hold up, need constant adjustment OR ....

I do know that you must watch the case feeder ... its prone to occasionally "drift" out of place, and the collator can drop cases up-side-down on occasion ...

My set-up: Station 1: Resize, Station 2: AutoDisk Powder Measure, Station 3: Hornaday Bullet Feeder, Station 4: Bullet Seating

BTW: I do not use their Safety Prime as it is located beyond where I have the Powder Measure,
AND I prefer to Prime B4 Loading anyhow!

Pretty decent customer support.

Only if you forget how it used to be ... which was much better!

Given that much of what we get today is comprised of wholly or from parts made in China, "shoddy" has become the new norm! The Customs Inspection Service used to protect us from "shoddiness", but bureaucracy and lack of funding have effectively neutered them and their interface with the Federal Trade Commission who (supposedly) tracks consumer complaints about product quality.

Funding for illegal immigration is killing us and our institutions that were formed to protect us!

Progressive press:
1) you have no need for a case collator: Hornady L-N-L AP
2) you need a case collator desperately: Dillon 650
3) you are tired of all the choices and just want the best: Dillon 1050
4) you love to fiddle and adjust and don't really care about producing rounds: any Lee progressive

I would not buy a progressive press that has few than five die stations. Separating seating from crimping has improved accuracy for me. Next, most presses, unlike the Hornady, make it difficult to actually inspect the powder in the case before seating a bullet, so a stage for an RCBS Lock-Out die will prevent unsafe over- or under-charging.

Back
Top Bottom