• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New load questions

shooting out of a cz p-07 duty, sig 938, and M&P Pro 9, all shooting a tad high with good groups. im going to bump it up to 4 grains and see where that puts it

I got this off the www.brianenos.com/forums/‎ and did a lot of the same test with a CZ SP01

it is amazing how a little charge changes group
Capture 2.jpg

Always, always, always check you load against published data (one is good, two is better) ... Keeping in mind that lighter than minimum loads can also be dangerous with some powders!
Springfield 1911 has some good advice on "hard" lead projectiles ... Most that are "store bought" are hard cast.
My 9's seem to like Tight Group, but I tend to favor powders that will fill the case sufficiently that if I were to double charge it,
there would be an (obvious) overflow ... That and I also like to see the load in the case ... each and every last one of them as they are being loaded ..
Paranoid? YES! But count my fingers and eyeballs ... there are still all there and (mostly) functioning!

BTW: All of my 9's love 124 GR FMJ OR 124 GR Plated over 4.3 GR of Universal (This is a MAX Load for Lead, but widely published
and my experience with Universal is that it tends to do best near MAX on many applications. Further
my powder measure throws it extremely accurately)

Last edited:
that chart says to do 4.1 grains of tight group for a lead projectile but at 4 grains it felt very hot and had one key hole.... I am not 100% sure that my sites ate set up right even though I am getting the right over all length

im new to reloading also .. but from what i have read also you want to try and keep your load under 1000FPS when running straight leadhead .. now i have titegroup but i have loaded at 3.8gr because 3.9gr is listed at 1075fps... now i havnt shot any distance or a chrono,, i was just checking to see if it would shoot and not lead my barrel ..i just dont like how bad it smoked..

im new to reloading also .. but from what i have read also you want to try and keep your load under 1000FPS when running straight leadhead .. now i have titegroup but i have loaded at 3.8gr because 3.9gr is listed at 1075fps... now i havnt shot any distance or a chrono,, i was just checking to see if it would shoot and not lead my barrel ..i just dont like how bad it smoked..
yeah I shot 50 rounds today loaded at 3.4 and they were dead on but they did smoke pretty bad but as long as the range has good ventilation you should be fine

Back
Top Bottom