• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New M&P 5.7

cr107

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
167   0
Reaction score
Can’t wait to see one of these. Optics and suppressor ready.
3F1A0E71-2CD9-458C-B4B0-F64961668D2C.jpeg

well, if they hadn’t ghettoed it up…
trigger safety, accessory mount, front slide serrations, red dot, goofy slide sculpting, threaded barrel. All it lacks is a two-toned finish and ambi safety levers.
Everything I hate on a pistol.
And yes, I have some Fudd characteristics.

trigger safety, accessory mount, front slide serrations, red dot, goofy slide sculpting, threaded barrel. All it lacks is a two-toned finish and ambi safety levers.
And it’s still a Smiffy

They added the features that customers nowadays want in a pistol of this sort. YOU may not, but you’re an Army of One.

Accessory mounts, cocking serrations, RDS-ready, and threaded barrels are the features that the vast majority of customers request. I hear it all day, every day, from customers.

The slide needs to be within a certain weight in order for it to cycle properly. A 5.7” has a long slide for a handgun, and weight will usually need to be removed in order to get it cycling correctly. The 2 most common methods are “sculpting”, and ”cut outs”. No matter which method you use, someone will complain about it. While I have zero interest in this handgun, I prefer sculpting over cut outs. I’d rather not have a bunch of holes in the slide for debris to enter through.

They added the features that customers nowadays want in a pistol of this sort. YOU may not, but you’re an Army of One.

Accessory mounts, cocking serrations, RDS-ready, and threaded barrels are the features that the vast majority of customers request. I hear it all day, every day, from customers.

The slide needs to be within a certain weight in order for it to cycle properly. A 5.7” has a long slide for a handgun, and weight will usually need to be removed in order to get it cycling correctly. The 2 most common methods are “sculpting”, and ”cut outs”. No matter which method you use, someone will complain about it. While I have zero interest in this handgun, I prefer sculpting over cut outs. I’d rather not have a bunch of holes in the slide for debris to enter through.
Well, we can agree on the slide cut-outs.
This thing is definitely not my cup of tea, but I hope they sell a shipload of them. Maybe demand will get 5.7 ammo production ramped up and back under $30/box.

Old School here, I like my FN FIveSeven, Glad I reload 5.76x28

Attachments

• FHN Five Seven (1).jpg
    FHN Five Seven (1).jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 17
  • FHN Five Seven (2).jpg
    FHN Five Seven (2).jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 16
  • FHN Five Seven (3).jpg
    FHN Five Seven (3).jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 16
  • FHN Five Seven (4).jpg