There's an awful lot of chest beating going on in here...I'll just say this and be done.

We've had several members who had perfect positive feedback who went on to end up in jail for any number of things to include impersonating a LEO, armed robbery, and even gun smuggling. On the other hand, I recently bought a pistol off of a member who had multiple negative feedbacks. My initial offer was roughly 10% off his asking price, he accepted graciously, we set up a time and date, and the deal was done. Easy peasy.

Feedback is just a number and a simple number can never be the full measure of a man.

Yeah... need more info on those dudes.

the way i see it is..if I cant trust what you say..to hell with you! if you make a deal ...stick to it..otherwise i put you in the category of lairs and theifs ..If you cant trust a gun deal from here you cant trust them with anything in life...that goes for locked safes..pissed off wives..guys who want 2k for a glock and assholes that back out of deals with no return call or silence

I used to be bad about looking down on people. But now that I am over that, I look down on people, who look down on people. :boink:
No "looking down" on anyone here...in fact I feel like a lot of the people beating the drum are more guilty of it than what I am doing. All I am saying is that there a lot of people who don't have perfect feedback that aren't bad people. To me, refusing to deal with someone who has just one negative feedback smacks of sanctimony to me.

Saw one guy / gal been a member 3 weeks and has 2 negative feedbacks already

How hard is it to be honest and doing what you agreed on ???

Sadly in this messed up country we live in today, we have an overwhelming majority of people who don't even know the meaning of being honest and doing what they agreed on.

What's funny is that out of all of the posters on here so far, only three that I've seen have only one neg, the rest zero. That proves that the ones who have multiples could care less about their rep on this site. I'm nothing as far as this website is concerned other than a person who has been honest in my dealings 100% of the time, just as my rating reflects. It does mean something to me, that when I give my word you can take it to the bank...........
thank you sir :thumb:

No "looking down" on anyone here...in fact I feel like a lot of the people beating the drum are more guilty of it than what I am doing. All I am saying is that there a lot of people who don't have perfect feedback that aren't bad people. To me, refusing to deal with someone who has just one negative feedback smacks of sanctimony to me.
I agree..to some extent..depends on the neg and percentage

While I did agree with most of your post, I have to disagree with the last statement.
Feedback is not just a number. With the rules set in place by ODT in order to leave feedback, such as, buy/sell/trade details, time and place set, feedback is an indication of how a member may act while selling/trading/or buying. You are correct in stating that a "simple number can never be the full measure of a man", but I am not looking to find out the full measure of the man. I just want to know if he will honor a deal made. Negative feedback indicates an unwillingness or an inability to follow through on a deal. Nothing more. To me, Feedback will never be just a number, it is a tool to be used when deciding whether or not to do a deal. Feedback will never be the one deciding factor for me when making that decision, but Feedback is and will continue to be a part of my decision making process.
Agreed...and your ability to factor it in as part of the decision shows wisdom and maturity. I hear where you are coming from...and having been around as long as you have, you're mostly right. I would just argue that feedback only really effectively communicates willingness to agree to a date/time/price/location and go through no matter what.

It has been stated over and over that on-location variables in a trade cannot be reflected in feedback. Short example, we agree to all the minutia and show up at the meet. Gun was offered as LNIB with pictures of port side only. At the meet it turns out there is rust all over the starboard side. I walk away and leave negative feedback. If it gets challenged, it won't stand up because feedback is based solely on PM's. It turns in to a "he said, she said" scenario and Moderation will not referee that. So a user could have 100% feedback and still be a person not of their word.

i think new members don't really worry about it as much as if they get a neg they will just create a new profile and start over
agree, some new members have great integrity, but there's always the ones that come to the odt from sites that do not have feedback and reputation systems so they tend to not alter their behavior for the odts system thus they think they can go back on their word and not be looked bad upon

Back
Top Bottom