• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New mold on the way!!!!!

Very nice.

I cannot remember his name or exactly which country he's from, but that's one of the brass molds from that dude over in the former Yugoslavia, yes?

Yeap, that's the guy. Mihac.
Could not upload the correct picture of exactly what I have coming in. Same mold but it will also be set up so that I can make it in a hollow point version. Have a heavy weight LBT mold already but will probaly get one that is set up as a 300gr LFN.

If the MP mold is anything like the LBT mold it will be a pleasure to cast with!!

Tom

That is a sharp looking mold. How did you decide that was the one to have and do you have a link or POC? I'm strongly considering melting my lead bullets in 9mm and .45 as the cost of metals rises. It may be wise to purchase a nice set of molds.

That is a sharp looking mold. How did you decide that was the one to have and do you have a link or POC? I'm strongly considering melting my lead bullets in 9mm and .45 as the cost of metals rises. It may be wise to purchase a nice set of molds.

Doc, for a new caster, I highly recommend you stick with the Lee "six gang" molds. They are good quality and work very well. Until you try the process and figure out which bullets and what techniques work for you, it's better to have $35 tied up in a mold than $100. Or even try one of the two gang molds. Less than $20, it gives you the opportunity to make a small pile of bullets of a particular weight and style, and see if you have success with it in your guns.

90% of my shooting is my own cast stuff. I use Lee molds almost exclusively, with the exception of a couple of old Lyman and RCBS molds. IMHO, the semi-custom molds made by craftsman like Mihac are for casters who haven't been able to get an off-the shelf-mold to work, or who are looking for something special or specific.

Last edited:
Lots of truth in what rbstern stated.

I prefer the semi-custom/custom molds myself. I can get what I want or my desire.

Just got another of Miha's mold's and it's a thing of beauty. Can cast two differant styles of hollow points or make it into a solid. Darn hard to find that option with most factory produced molds.

I also just received another mold from Tom at Accurate Molds. This one is in 44cal and is a copy of a LBT LFNGC. Weight is 320grs. Not your normal 44 cal weight.

The two attached pictures are of a mold made by Miha and a cast bullet with the Penta hollow point option.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom