• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New project - 1970 Ford

Love love love the old bump sides, had a 74 myself not to long ago. side note Goucher College (if the same one) wasnt too far from where i grew up in Maryland. if you take care of it she will last another 90k!

That camper top is sooo period correct. How's the bedside storage compartment ? They liked to rust out.
302...great engine
Bedside box is in decent condition. No rust.

In the box, found a set of roadside markers/flare holder maybe?
F2F86D76-07EF-463E-A77B-D550BA093F8F.jpeg
7D0B1AC8-C7D8-4ED2-9E6E-B0A4C7648B53.jpeg
1D377772-88BF-4A8F-B39D-D4AA95801B5B.jpeg

Replace all the belts and hoses
Especially the fuel hoses .

Trust me , they are Gonna break if they are old .

Nice truck
Love that generation

And the three on the tree is fun

replace all the plastic bushings in the clutch linkage and in the shift linkage .

To adjust the shift linkage : under the hood the two ears that come out of the column for the shift linkage have a small hole in the center . Place the trans in Neutral Loosen the nut on the linkage at the trans
Stick a drill bit through the two holes on the column ears linkage . Then tighten then nuts on the transmission linkage ears.

The master cylinder and the wheel cylinders will start leaking after you drive it a little , so be ready to replace them .
And replace the rubber brake lines on the front wheels and the back axle . They will have lots of age cracks in them .

I'd probably keep it stock, you have a real gem there. Personally if I had to change the carburetor, I'd go with a Edelbrock if your keeping it stock. It's more reliable than a Holley. If your hot rodding it, I'd go with a Quick Fuel. Holley performance, but a whole lot more reliable. But if you're doing that I'd go with a much larger engine.

Back
Top Bottom