• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New project - 1970 Ford

I've been wanting an older 50-60's Ford truck for awhile, should have picked up one before inflation/covid hit. Almost bought a '64 F350 flatbed in 2017 but couldn't find a ride to go pick it up, kick myself everytime I think back on it.

LMC Truck has plenty of parts to help you restore your truck to it's formal glory.

Just please don't do the patina look, it's usually never done correctly and the truck just gets a jump start to rust bucket condition as the years pass. Since it's the easiest/cheapest "mod" to older vehicles, it's done first and as projects tend to do, they tend to sit idle. By then the "patina look" spreads like cancer & ruins the value.

I've been wanting an older 50-60's Ford truck for awhile, should have picked up one before inflation/covid hit. Almost bought a '64 F350 flatbed in 2017 but couldn't find a ride to go pick it up, kick myself everytime I think back on it.

LMC Truck has plenty of parts to help you restore your truck to it's formal glory.

Just please don't do the patina look, it's usually never done correctly and the truck just gets a jump start to rust bucket condition as the years pass. Since it's the easiest/cheapest "mod" to older vehicles, it's done first and as projects tend to do, they tend to sit idle. By then the "patina look" spreads like cancer & ruins the value.
Thanks. How does one go for the “patina look?” Planning on some soap and water, and maybe the buffing wheel down the line. No patina look on my agenda.

Thanks. How does one go for the “patina look?”

Pretty much strip any coating that's left on the metal and let oxidation take it's course. Once the amount of surface rust is desired then clear coat it to reduce any further rust progress.

To me, rust is rust and it doesn't have a place on any vehicle. The term patina is just a fancy term to make rust sound cool on older ride's.

Update.

Got her cleaned up. Soap and water so far. Washed windows, cleaned out air box, tidied up the engine bay a little. Lubed everything up that I could.

Had a great experience with Discount Tire. Ordered tires yesterday, arrived today before 11, and I had my tires before noon. Best price around town too. Only complaint was that they didn’t install new valve stems, but I’m sure they’ll take care of it - not a problem right now. Went with 235 General Grabbers, $560 installed for 4. Back brakes looked fine, cleaned em up and threw tires back on. Topped off brake fluid.

Went for first ride. Drove and shifted fine, temp stayed cool at first, and oil pressure was decent. Wanted to see her move before I really start digging into it. As soon as I got home, radiator started sizzling, temp started rising. Maybe the thermstat?

Also dropped that old camper shell thing. She’s purty now. Battery has been iffy, will leave her on the tender tonight, and see if she’s charged tomorrow. Will be digging into it the next few days. Parts will be on the way ASAP.

4D5FE0ED-11B5-450F-A908-B04278242DF1.jpeg
A4EF58AE-8F29-4F70-AB2C-076E1F29D2FC.jpeg
29E9C36F-E842-484D-84A1-1FD8A6B9C76A.jpeg

Attachments

• B952DE89-575A-4737-986B-2FDCD143FD34.jpeg
    B952DE89-575A-4737-986B-2FDCD143FD34.jpeg
    381.4 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom