• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Recteq Grills and Griddle

I know...I'm going to be burned in Hell for what I'm about to say.....I just do not get the "recteq" cult following here,
it's just a smoker, at best....I'd put my BGE up against it anytime...Traeger's too....I'm at a loss
I say prepare two of whatever, put one on your BGE and on my Recteq and do an ODT taste test. For mine you can just bring it over then we can go to your house and check on your BGE. Don’t get me wrong, I love the BGE’s but Reqteq is just simple and has great results. I can sit in a tree and adjust temp if needed and not have to sit there and babysit. The taste is different but equal in my opinion.

No hate at all from me on BGE.. I own a large now. But, since buying the RecTec, the BGE doesn’t get used unless I need more than my 590 has room for. Taste difference is none from everyone that has tried both. The simplicity of smoking on the RecTec is where it’s at for me. Put the meat on, set the temp, and walk away. It’ll tell you when you when it’s done.

No hate at all from me on BGE.. I own a large now. But, since buying the RecTec, the BGE doesn’t get used unless I need more than my 590 has room for. Taste difference is none from everyone that has tried both. The simplicity of smoking on the RecTec is where it’s at for me. Put the meat on, set the temp, and walk away. It’ll tell you when you when it’s done.
O.k...O.k....I'm just old schooled don't mind the work evolved in getting to "smoke grade" been doing it for 25+ years...Your RecTec is NOT a grill....IT"S A SMOKER!!! quit calling it a grill!!

I say prepare two of whatever, put one on your BGE and on my Recteq and do an ODT taste test. For mine you can just bring it over then we can go to your house and check on your BGE. Don’t get me wrong, I love the BGE’s but Reqteq is just simple and has great results. I can sit in a tree and adjust temp if needed and not have to sit there and babysit. The taste is different but equal in my opinion.
wait until an EMP....I'm just not sure how well your "blue tooth" is going to work...

O.k...O.k....I'm just old schooled don't mind the work evolved in getting to "smoke grade" been doing it for 25+ years...Your RecTec is NOT a grill....IT"S A SMOKER!!! quit calling it a grill!!
So….if I’m grilling burgers or pork chops or a Ribeye on the RecTec at 500+ degrees I’m smoking??
if I’m smoking a butt on the BGE at 225* I’m grilling??
I‘m so confused…btw, I’ve been doing it for 25+ years too.

Back
Top Bottom