• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Recteq Grills and Griddle

So….if I’m grilling burgers or pork chops or a Ribeye on the RecTec at 500+ degrees I’m smoking??
if I’m smoking a butt on the BGE at 225* I’m grilling??
I‘m so confused…btw, I’ve been doing it for 25+ years too.
after 25 years...you shouldn't be confused....
kidding aside, I've not seen a RecTec in action, therefore I'm may be incorrect, however I just do not see how one "grills" with indirect heat.....

after 25 years...you shouldn't be confused....
kidding aside, I've not seen a RecTec in action, therefore I'm may be incorrect, however I just do not see how one "grills" with indirect heat.....
Nah.. alls good. The only way the RecTec “grills” is with grill plates. You have to crank it up and let the grill plates get up to heat before you get the sear and grill marks you get on the BGE with the open flame. It does fine that way but still won’t get the caramelization of the skin or out side of a steak that the BGE will. I usually fire up the mini Joe for a couple of burgers or a steak. It’s hard to beat that open flame char. But, since buying the RecTec, I’ll never baby sit the Egg again for a low and slow smoke.
1696979950300.png

eggs do take a lot of "babysitting" that's for sure......I'm just not sold on all the electronics on any grill....just do not think they will hold up...I keep my grills until they fall apart...

ive had an XL BGE for 7 years now. I don’t understand the babysitting. I usually smoke at 225ish and have done butts, brisket, chicken etc. once I get it to the right temp (takes a little while) I just walk away and leave it alone. I’ve smoked a big brisket as long as 16 hours without touching it. 5 butts for 8-10 hours the same way. Just did 2 butts. Get it going, took off for errands and church a let it go. Fed 25 people that evening. I think I would enjoy a pellet grill also along with a 36” Blackstone.

eggs do take a lot of "babysitting" that's for sure......I'm just not sold on all the electronics on any grill....just do not think they will hold up...I keep my grills until they fall apart...
Well I’ve had my RT590 for 6yrs and no issues at all. Just saying… I also have a Weber gas grill I bought in 09 still going and a Weber Smokey mountain I bought in 13, just gave it to my son in law cuz never use it.

ive had an XL BGE for 7 years now. I don’t understand the babysitting. I usually smoke at 225ish and have done butts, brisket, chicken etc. once I get it to the right temp (takes a little while) I just walk away and leave it alone. I’ve smoked a big brisket as long as 16 hours without touching it. 5 butts for 8-10 hours the same way. Just did 2 butts. Get it going, took off for errands and church a let it go. Fed 25 people that evening. I think I would enjoy a pellet grill also along with a 36” Blackstone.
"once I get it to the right temp (takes a little while)"....that's the babysitting I'm talking about

Back
Top Bottom