• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Recteq Grills and Griddle

Well I’ve had my RT590 for 6yrs and no issues at all. Just saying… I also have a Weber gas grill I bought in 09 still going and a Weber Smokey mountain I bought in 13, just gave it to my son in law cuz never use it.
exactly how many of those grill you mentioned are electronic??? 6 years, in grill life is not a long time....

"once I get it to the right temp (takes a little while)"....that's the babysitting I'm talking about
Tonight’s burn.. Thick. “Grilled”. Pork chops.
Just pulled from the RecTec. 150* internal.

IMG_5198.jpegIMG_5196.png

Speaking of RecTec. I did my first max temp cook the other day. Doing the sear on a Picanha roast. The powder coat on the upper corner of the lid blistered in several places. There was no fire and the grill reached about 525. I sent a warranty claim to Rectec. The CS guy asked for pictures and I sent them. He said they usually didn't honor cosmetic claims but out of the goodness of his heart he would send me a new lid. He sent it overnight. I was a little miffed that he said that but at the end of the day he honored their warranty.

Speaking of RecTec. I did my first max temp cook the other day. Doing the sear on a Picanha roast. The powder coat on the upper corner of the lid blistered in several places. There was no fire and the grill reached about 525. I sent a warranty claim to Rectec. The CS guy asked for pictures and I sent them. He said they usually didn't honor cosmetic claims but out of the goodness of his heart he would send me a new lid. He sent it overnight. I was a little miffed that he said that but at the end of the day he honored their warranty.
I’ve heard that before on the RecTec forum. I’ve had mine 5-6yrs and have done several max temps and never had an issue. Max temp Ive gotten was 575.

I still use a 26 inch weber with wood charcoal, no brickettes. I set it up in the morning and walk away. I have a Trager someone gave me, but I just prefer the taste of the burning wood charcoal. Talk about simple. And I can grill on it when not using it as a smoker. I put the charcoal on one side with a fine wire mesh below so the smaller pieces don't fall through the grate.

Back
Top Bottom