• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New reloader question

yeah that's what I was thinking but is there a way to change it up but keep the playing field even?

Load each on specific. load one in 231 and one in titegroup etc.. See which one works and performs the best. I only load 10 to start with with each variant and see how they work. No sense in loading 200 if they do not work like you want them to. Saves you time and money.

yeah that's what I was thinking but is there a way to change it up but keep the playing field even?

Always go by the load data, but you may be able to use different load data from the sheets to get really close to another load data sheet on different powder. For example, if I'm loading a 55gr SP 223 with Varget, I'll use 25.5gr which spec is 3174fps. If I do the same bullet and want similar velocity with say, IMR 4895, I'm only using 26.0gr and getting 3185fps.

Always go by the load data, but you may be able to use different load data from the sheets to get really close to another load data sheet on different powder. For example, if I'm loading a 55gr SP 223 with Varget, I'll use 25.5gr which spec is 3174fps. If I do the same bullet and want similar velocity with say, IMR 4895, I'm only using 26.0gr and getting 3185fps.

Good point.

Another second for Power Pistol. It yields some of the fastest velocities for the lowest charge weight that I've seen. I used it in 357Sig and was running 1710fps for a 90gr FMJ from a 3.9" barrel. Dead on hold to 80 yards.

Back
Top Bottom