• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

*** New Rodent Sniper *** & *** Big Brother ***

What are you using at 300? at 220 yards I'm having such drop but going to higher powered 22 is spreading my groups out. This coming from a FV-SR

Well, thru the 5" 22 upper (with KodiakTL) - just Federal bulk is hitting steel at 300 just fine. Winchester Dynapoints do good also. Now those are 6" plates mind you. I have no idea how Craigs new gun will do at golfballs at 300.

Well, thru the 5" 22 upper (with KodiakTL) - just Federal bulk is hitting steel at 300 just fine. Winchester Dynapoints do good also. Now those are 6" plates mind you. I have no idea how Craigs new gun will do at golfballs at 300.
Federal bulk was spreading out about 10" at 220 for me, could be shooter error as I have no formal training on target shooting. I'm using a 16xmagnification scope

What are you using at 300? at 220 yards I'm having such drop but going to higher powered 22 is spreading my groups out. This coming from a FV-SR

Use standard velocity ammo. HV ammo gets very unstable as it slow down through the speed of sound. Drop is repeatable and therefore you can be accurate with the slow stuff. That being said you will need a 20 MOA base and a scope with a good bit of adjustment.

From a 100 yard zero I will need to add 21 MOA to be on at 200 yards. From the 100 yard zero 39 MOA should get me on at 300 yards. Again from a 100 yard zero I will need 72 MOA to get on at 400 yards.

I am hoping to get a 4 inch goup or less at 300 yds. We will see Friday night...

Back
Top Bottom