• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New Safe

hseII

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
82   0
Reaction score
I need a new safe

I have a 24 Gun Cannon "safe" that I've replaced the tumbler 1 already and will be doing so again soon. It's not big enough, and I don't like having issues getting into my safe.
I wish there was a safe that had a electronic key pad, with a manual tumbler as a backup.

Safe Requirements:
1) Fire Proof
2) Secure
3) <$5000.00
4) Big

I'm Leaning toward a Champion or Pendleton...

Opinions Please

lots offer that but the big one is Fort Knox for the back up tumbler lock. Talk with the guys at Range, Guns & Safes they got me a really good deal on a Champion safe.

I have a Fort Knox safe with a redundant electronic lock and mechanical tumbler lock (it was a $350) option/upgrade.
I bought it from Range, Guns, and Safe (RG&S).
- Got a better deal by timing my order so as to bundle it in with other orders (saves RG&S some shipping $$ which they passed on).
I bought bigger than I needed (so I thought at the time) and a step up the line to get higher fire ratings, thicker steel, etc.
- Reason for higher fire rating is because I keep lots of important business papers in the safe + my guns.
-- I have a two drawer file cabinet in my safe.

VERY happy with my purchase.
- Love the speed and ease of the electronic key pad and the knowledge that if it ever fails I have the super reliable old fashioned tumbler lock. (BTW: Both are high end locks.)
- Seldom use the tumbler lock (once in awhile to ensure I can still do it)

if you want more specifics, p.m. me.

Billbor
Smyrna, GA
"Shoot straight and shoot safe"

Back
Top Bottom