• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Tacomas are out

The past few New Tacoma's are women's vehicles all look and no guts, parking lot warriors drive them

I'd agree with this. For what they charge for the Tacoma's, might as well spend a little more and get a Tundra that has more power and more room with the same gas mileage. Pre-2022 models of course, I wouldn't touch those new ones with a 10 foot pole.

Not a fan yet of the 4 cylinder turbo. Honda has been having issues with it since they came out.

You can’t expect an aluminum block engine to handle the cylinder pressure of forced induction. That’s why Kia, Hyundai and Ford turbo motors are failing. Back in the day all turbo motors had a cast iron block. That’s why all of the turbo diesel’s have iron blocks.

Basically they’re building throw away vehicles nowadays. Nothing is meant to last.

They will lose their commercial market with that styling. My company owns hundreds (maybe thousands) of Tacomas in their fleet, and you can be dang sure they will never put their logos on something that looks like that.

I don't think it's bad looking compared to the styling that GM and Dodge have come up with lately, but it's a non-starter for companies that want conservative, work-like pickups not Baja racers.

You can’t expect an aluminum block engine to handle the cylinder pressure of forced induction. That’s why Kia, Hyundai and Ford turbo motors are failing. Back in the day all turbo motors had a cast iron block. That’s why all of the turbo diesel’s have iron blocks.

Basically they’re building throw away vehicles nowadays. Nothing is meant to last.
I'd say....non turbo diesels always have had a much higher compression ratio (22:1), making a thick rigid iron block a must to withstand the pressures.

Adding a turbo makes it even harder on the engine, so that's why the manufacturers dial back the compression ratio a bit. The new Cummins 6.7L are in the range of 16:1 or 19.1.

I didn't think they were all that ugly, aside from that hideous Baja wanna be Trailhunter model. Then I watched a video on the TRD Pro model and realized they are all ugly as hell.

They will lose their commercial market with that styling. My company owns hundreds (maybe thousands) of Tacomas in their fleet, and you can be dang sure they will never put their logos on something that looks like that.

I don't think it's bad looking compared to the styling that GM and Dodge have come up with lately, but it's a non-starter for companies that want conservative, work-like pickups not Baja racers.
I remember people saying the same thing about 2nd gen Rams.

Maybe they’ve got a Bud Light style ad campaign in the works?

Back
Top Bottom