• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New (to me) 1863 Springfield Rifled Musket in Fine Condition!

You're disassembling it so you can send it to me for a Cerakote job right? Don't worry about that rust, I'll media blast that junk right off. I'm thinking a battleworn Yankee zombie green theme but I'll leave that up to you :thumb:
Don't forget to add a Tapco stock, thread the barrel for a muzzle brake and bore a couple of holes to mount a red dot scope.:shocked:

Congrats on finding a very nice piece of history. Look forward to pics along the way.

You're disassembling it so you can send it to me for a Cerakote job right? Don't worry about that rust, I'll media blast that junk right off. I'm thinking a battleworn Yankee zombie green theme but I'll leave that up to you :thumb:

Don't forget to add a Tapco stock, thread the barrel for a muzzle brake and bore a couple of holes to mount a red dot scope.:shocked:

Congrats on finding a very nice piece of history. Look forward to pics along the way.

:pound::pound::pound:

This one looks like they tried to re outline the stamp. Look at the link and two line are visible, unlike Moons.

http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/7832/9386687_3.jpg?v=8CCABB7810EE840

G1UXCKF.jpg

Using a 'soak in oil scrub with penny' method rust removal is getting me great results. Use a pre 1982 penny for high copper content.

The rust is coming off the barrel but the patina is retained. There is no pitting under the light rust layer. This is better than expected.

Attachments

• Both.JPG
    Both.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Rust.JPG
    Rust.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Rust Removed.JPG
    Rust Removed.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom