• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New to Outdoors Trader and New to ATL

Any hints on which don't have RSOs?

I want to say Chestnut Mtn and the Sumac ranges. Sumac is almost in TN. If you click the link for the individual range it should say.

Unfortunately most outdoor ranges are a minimum of an hour drive outside of ATL.

I want to say Chestnut Mtn and the Sumac ranges. Sumac is almost in TN. If you click the link for the individual range it should say.

Unfortunately most outdoor ranges are a minimum of an hour drive outside of ATL.
Yeah I've already realized that, but everything in ATL is a drive anyways

Wow look another FNG. Welcome.

Pro Advice, don’t act like this here:

41313478-D092-4266-A9DA-62167F3A0677.gif

Or you will get:

7F148A55-C924-4AD1-9551-E5AC6AA9B301.gif

Fell free to log off and go back to where you came from.

Welcome to both ODT and the Atlanta area.

You already picked up on the fact that we don't have any good outdoor ranges in the immediate area.

South River is where I'm a member, but it's a good hour+ drive for me so I don't get there as much as I should.

They do have a lot of pistol bays though, and you can move and shoot in them as long as you follow the guidelines.

I've also been up North to Riverbend for a couple of GSSF matches, and they have a great facility. Nicer than South River to be honest, but they are closer to 2 hours for me.

The WMAs can be a tossup. If you go when no one is there you can do just about anything. That usually isn't the case though, and unfortunately some people think the same thing when other people ARE there. Plus none of them are close to Atlanta proper.

BTW, it's a good idea to get a carry license. Not that you need it to carry in GA, but it lets you bypass the NICS background check when you buy a gun retail. It's also useful for reciprocity, since it works in a lot of states. And finally because some folks here like to see one if they are doing business with you.

It's a pretty painless process unless you are in Fulton or Dekalb. Then it can be kind of a hassle, but once you do it you can renew easily enough without any issues.

Back
Top Bottom