• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

newer cadalic, engine overheating

popcorn_antelope.gif

not as familiar with this part, i have replaced my water pump so that was my first guess
thermostat is the stoplight of the water system ..allows water to be heated by the motor to warm block and when it reaches a preordained temperature a thermo bimetel plug moves open to allow water from block to enter the radiator to be cooled..and it regulates the total temperature that the engine was designed to maintain for emissions and fuel economy and sensor relays for info and if any component like the water pump or stupid simple the belt driving the pump can cause the temp problem..fans are sensor driven at 212deg on temperature and secondary fan relay engages the fan upon the energizing of the A/C system.system and .if the water level or component failure IE head gasket can cause combustion gases to escape into cooling system and coolant into the crankcase..cap and reservoir need to be tested as well

Is this the front wheel drive V8 or V6? and make and model and year.. northstar V8 was a great motor but all aluminum design was subject to block warpages and head gasket brinaling causing leaks and or engine failures.

Back
Top Bottom