Newest purchase now what to do with it.

J Rich

Default rank <750 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
50   0
Reaction score
I picked up this Jimenez .380 from a friend. Got it for a steal. Now here is the only problem it needs an extractor spring. He shot less than a box of ammo through it and the extractor fell out, the spring shot off to never, never land.

I know where to get the spring from, so not a problem. I will fix it, then run some ammo through it to insure it's in proper working order. Now anyone who has one of these knows it doesn't load hollow points well and some internals could use a polishing. All this I can fix with no problem.

I will fix it and have it firing properly. I may want to trade it off for something else like a .22 rifle or something. Do I leave it box stock or do the mods it needs to be better?

Keep in mind I know what the gun is and what it isn't. Therefore don't thing I'm trying to make it or pass it off as something as nice as a Smith, or Colt.

Thoughts please.

jimenez.jpg

It's not a collector piece. If you know what you're doing anything you can do to make it run right will be appreciated by next guy who picks it up. Lightly polishing the friction bearing surfaces will help.

Just an observation the ejection port looks good enough. The extractor has a bit of meat hanging in the doorway and might benefit from a bit of trimming.

i47.tinypic.com_wt8wop.jpg

Ramroddoc

Thanks for the insight. Like I said I know what it is and isn't. I'm trying to really find a happy medium here. Some want guns that are "box stock" and some don't mind tasteful mods. Who knows I may keep it do all the mods it needs and a minor melt job.(just cause I have nothing better to do) On the other hand I don't want to do all the mods and be stuck with something I don't want.

Back
Top Bottom