• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What and how do you carry while you run?

I’m happy for you, bro.

I’ve already posted that I’ve been running with a gun, and how I do it. I just stated I was looking for other options. Plenty of others also do it, and I’m sure some have come up with other possible solutions. I don’t think the question is silly. I would argue that your need to try to invalidate something that you obviously have no real world experience with is a bit silly.
It's not a bad question. Four things I try not to leave the house without, a carry weapon, cell phone, ID and a watch. However I have missed that on occasion, and let me tell you I feel naked when I do. Been wearing a watch all my life. Always had my ID. Carried a cell phone nearly as long as they've been out, with my health my Wife demands it. And I've carried a weapon as long as I've been legal to do so. So just nearly all my life.
Kudos to you for exercising, that will take you far.

It's not a bad question. Four things I try not to leave the house without, a carry weapon, cell phone, ID and a watch. However I have missed that on occasion, and let me tell you I feel naked when I do. Been wearing a watch all my life. Always had my ID. Carried a cell phone nearly as long as they've been out, with my health my Wife demands it. And I've carried a weapon as long as I've been legal to do so. So just nearly all my life.
Kudos to you for exercising, that will take you far.
I'm almost the same, I can do without a watch, but I ALWAYS have a pocket knife on me...always!

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting I get to decide when and where bad things will happen to me. I could probably just tell them it’s a bad time and reschedule to when I’m not exercising.

Unfortunately, I’ve already had enough real world experience happen places where I was supposed to be relaxing to buy into that.

I guess I should have known that mentioning exercise and actually using/carrying your firearms would be a controversial combo on ODT.

I wouldn’t say controversial, just uncomfortable.

it’s not surprising some of the comments on this thread. If it was a matter of finding a safe place to run, it should be relaxing and no need to carry etc…. why stop that logic at just exercising (in this case running)? Should church not be a place of rest and relaxing yet we see on multiple occasions active shooters and other violent attacks in places of worship. Maybe they should find a safer place to go to church!? Should kids not just be able to go to school and come home without a madman slaughtering your classmates (from elementary to college)? I think we’ve seen 1 or 2 incidents at schools yeah? (In fact today is columbine anniversary) How about a movie theater ? Talk about just relaxing and kicking back! Yet those have active killers attack. How about just running up to the grocery store with your daughter to pick out icing for cupcakes and some whacko decides to play call of duty in the grocery store !? Saying things like “I’ve never been robbed while running! Find another place to run that’s safe” or similar things is the same mindset of those outside the gun community for all aspects of life. It’s the whole “why do you feel the need to carry a gun everywhere you go?”

It’s because everywhere you go the sh*t can hit the fan and all of a sudden it’s go time! …that includes running.

I have heard of plenty of stories of violent assaults on people while running. Not only the need to protect yourself but also if ya come across an assault on someone else or other people. Not to mention potential threat from an animal etc. there have been men brutally attacked while out running/hiking etc. woman being raped and assaulted and on and on. Good on you for 2 things

1-making exercise a priority
2-keeping the protector mindset while so doing

In regards to how or what to carry? I’d highly recommend the phlster enigma set up. There is ZERO bounce or shifting or sagging. Pistol is secure and easily accessible when needed. Very comfortable and concealment is top notch. It’s very doable so for those sayin “ya can’t carry and run” well, they are simply wrong !

IMG_2372.jpeg

IMG_2374.jpeg

As ya can see ya don’t need a belt but it’s still a solid set up. No floppy belly band stuff with collapsing “holsters”.
I have run miles with this set up and do workouts in it as well (combat fitness training with heavy bag drills, sandbag work, calisthenics, and various equipment with zero impedance! It’s a top notch option I highly recommend with the sport band upgrade (the thick backside band that’s almost like a back suppport band)

I have even done multiple Murph challenges in this. If ya don’t know a Murph. It’s a 20lb vest minimum I’ve done even much heavier vests and it’s a 1 mile run followed by 100 pull ups 200 push ups 300 squats and finished with another mile run. No issues with this on!

The last picture is what it looks like but I put it on the outside of pants to give visual of how it fits

Attachments

• IMG_2375.jpeg
    IMG_2375.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom