NFA and Going to Active Duty?

Take your items to a Class 2 or 3 dealer (Depending on what your items are), have him check it in his log book. Pay him a few bucks to hold onto your items until you get back and can sign them out again. Put a cable lock through the barrel or mag well and take the keys with you so they are not tempted to shoot your NFA stuff while you are gone.

Take your items to a Class 2 or 3 dealer (Depending on what your items are), have him check it in his log book. Pay him a few bucks to hold onto your items until you get back and can sign them out again. Put a cable lock through the barrel or mag well and take the keys with you so they are not tempted to shoot your NFA stuff while you are gone.
If they're on his books, he has no legal obligation to not sell them. And a cable means nothing. Bolt cutters?

Not to mention that a dealer cannot just sign NFA items into his books. Putting it on his official books would require a form 4, $200, and a wait.

An 07/02 manufacturer could take it in for "repair" and do it that way on a form 5, but that is pushing it. I vote safe deposit box.

Let's back up a tick. OP, I already know one of your NFAs is a SBR .22 HK clone, what about the other? We seem to be delving into the size of the container you'll need for them.

Let's back up a tick. OP, I already know one of your NFAs is a SBR .22 HK clone, what about the other? We seem to be delving into the size of the container you'll need for them.

.22 Suppressor
And as far as living on/off post, I'll be a married 2LT so most likely off base.

.22 Suppressor
And as far as living on/off post, I'll be a married 2LT so most likely off base.

Since you have a trust, I would say add someone you trust 100% (father, brother, etc) to the trust as a trustee and have them hold the stuff while you are "behind enemy lines" (california). Good luck and thanks for your service.

Back
Top Bottom