NFA Items and Fed visits

Xcaliber

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
101   0
Reaction score
Can someone clarify this for me? if you get something NFA stamped, can the Feds visit you anytime to verify you have it? you can't cross state lines w/it unless you notify feds right?

Incorrect. The feds cannot just come knock on your door and ask you. They have to set up an appointment before hand. You can cross state lines with a suppressor at any time no paperwork needed. Now machine gun, or SBR needs paperwork. But pick a day to send in the forms every year to any state you might want to visit with your gun. Date one year from the day you submit them so they will be good for any time during that year.

I thought they could visit anytime. The suppressor travel I didn't know. Too many rules to keep up with

Nope, just cause you have nfa items doesn't give them the ability to come search your home whenever. That's an old wives tale. And the suppressor is good to go because it's transferred as an "other" on the 4473, yes it's a firearm, but it's an other

I've taken my suppressors to Florida. Did not have an issue. If they want to set up an appointment to see my suppressors they are welcome to. I'll bring them outside. Your not coming in my home without a warrant. Period.

Has anyone here ever actually had them come and look around?

(I have heard of them showing up to check dealers, but I haven't heard of private citizens getting checked....)

Back
Top Bottom