• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

NFA, no paperwork?? (price check)

Sadly, had that saved on my phone.

Pretty much all the m1s were re-arsenaled after world war 2, if you can find an original production unmolested one that's where you really get into some money. They changed back sites and added the bayonet lug with the new barrel band, probably other stuff too, but I don't know for sure. They basically tore them all apart and sorted out all the good parts into piles and built new guns. Thats why virtually all are mixmasters. Even pre re-arsenal most were, because during wartime production if inland had receivers, but was behind on barrels, they ship in barrels or out receivers to another manufacturer.

It's funny, very popular and beloved gun, they were only produced for a few years, 42-45 or somewhere around there.
I love all of them even the commercial versions from the 60s and 70s . It's hard to find a handier rifle. The first gun I moved up to from Marlin 22 Rifles when my uncle was teaching me to shoot was an M1 Carbine . I was probably 8 or 9 at the time. Just about anybody can learn the ins and outs of the M1C in a day. I think a paratrooper or even Enforcer pistol model makes a perfect bed side bump in the night gun. I haven't owned one since the mid 90s and it was a Korean reimport that wasn't worth that much then. But I didn't buy it as a collector piece. I don't buy any of them for that. I would be very tempted if someone wanted to trade one for my AR.

I love all of them even the commercial versions from the 60s and 70s . It's hard to find a handier rifle. The first gun I moved up to from Marlin 22 Rifles when my uncle was teaching me to shoot was an M1 Carbine . I was probably 8 or 9 at the time. Just about anybody can learn the ins and outs of the M1C in a day. I think a paratrooper or even Enforcer pistol model makes a perfect bed side bump in the night gun. I haven't owned one since the mid 90s and it was a Korean reimport that wasn't worth that much then. But I didn't buy it as a collector piece. I don't buy any of them for that. I would be very tempted if someone wanted to trade one for my AR.
Same here. I have one my great grandfather bought out of a barrel in Sears for 20 bucks, and my dad has the one my grandfather bought at the same time. It was the first centerfire rifle I moved my kids up to. I SBRed a sixties commercial gun and put it in a paratrooper trooper stock, its my dads truck gun and will fit in a backpack when folded up. He even bought a Ruger Blackhawk in 30 carbine is a companion piece.

Same here. I have one my great grandfather bought out of a barrel in Sears for 20 bucks, and my dad has the one my grandfather bought at the same time. It was the first centerfire rifle I moved my kids up to. I SBRed a sixties commercial gun and put it in a paratrooper trooper stock, its my dads truck gun and will fit in a backpack when folded up. He even bought a Ruger Blackhawk in 30 carbine is a companion piece.
Yeah see how it starts? If I had 9ne I would have to have a repro para stock to go with it. Then an Enforcer with the black vented steel barrel cover. Then I'd have to have one of those long slide AMT pistols in 30 carbine. It's a sickness.

Back
Top Bottom