• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nice Buck !

linebacker

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
144   0
Reaction score
This was posted today on GA DNR Facebook account. I'm just sharing it with the ODT.

Barry Hardin of Loganville harvested this large 10 point Baldwin County buck on the evening of 10/21/2013. Mr. Hardin said the buck was chasing a doe when he was taken. Maybe the buck was getting a head start on the rut!

nicebuck.jpg

I actually saw a young buck chasing a doe this past weekend as well...maybe an early rut? I'm hunting in Wilkinson county just south of Baldwin...

Rut seems to be starting early this year. I got a young buck this past weekend in Toliferra county and he was heavily pre-rutting. Hunting buddy got a spike that was too! I also got a doe and she had recently copulated.

Dunno if its all the rain or what but seems crazy! And ideas?

Yeah..something is in the air as of late.

I kid you not but I was smelling doe estrus in the air while the wind was blowing the other day....it was coming from a very heavily traveled doe path next to my back drive.

Seems like the doe are blasting their initial estrus scent to get the bucks kicked into gear...good because I have not seen any bucks for weeks but something is definitely happening out there.

Back
Top Bottom