• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nice gloomy day

That’s why the 2022 Champion recipe contains beans, in fact, the last non bean champion recipe was 2016.

2# 80/20 Ground Chuck
1 can Swanson Beef Broth (14.5oz)
1 can Swanson Chicken Broth (14.5oz)
1 can Goya Tomato Sauce (6oz)
1 can Bush’s Chili Magic – Classic Homestyle Bush’s Black Chili Beans (15.5oz)
1 can Diced tomatoes (14.5oz)
2 Serrano Peppers
That may be, but doesn't change the fact that traditional chili has no beans...

That may be, but doesn't change the fact that traditional chili has no beans...
Again, chili with no beans is Manwich. Next time I’m in a chili Cook-off with the International Chili Society, I’ll follow their rules. Until then, all my chili will have beans.

Well, no, there's a category for chili with beans, it's Homestyle (fake) chili...:p
Question for you. Do you ever put venison in chili? Do you ever put beef tips in chili? Do you ever put anything other than ground beef in chili? If so, it’s not chili, according to this way of thinking.

Dang this thread has gone from a convo of Bourbon and cleaning guns to a debate on Chile having or not having Beans...Oh wait after all it is the ODT...Well Gloomy day I agree Bourbon and guns while the chili is in the pot cooking..As for the Chile, Beans when in a bowl topped with, diced onions, Shredded sharp cheddar. Now if I am having hot dogs that's another story, Beans got no business on top of a dog...

Dang this thread has gone from a convo of Bourbon and cleaning guns to a debate on Chile having or not having Beans...Oh wait after all it is the ODT...Well Gloomy day I agree Bourbon and guns while the chili is in the pot cooking..As for the Chile, Beans when in a bowl topped with, diced onions, Shredded sharp cheddar. Now if I am having hot dogs that's another story, Beans got no business on top of a dog...
Agreed! (with the hot dog part...)

Question for you. Do you ever put venison in chili? Do you ever put beef tips in chili? Do you ever put anything other than ground beef in chili? If so, it’s not chili, according to this way of thinking.
Yes, of course. We like it with the chunks of stew meat instead of ground beef. Then it's kinda like a spicy beef stew, more hearty. It's just not traditional chili...and no, no beans in that either :D

Back
Top Bottom