• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nice Large Blackhawk Bag on Wheels - Amazon $40

Wow....what a bag! Very happy, one of the best deals ever on my "be prepared" items. Hell, took me 15 minutes just to put it together. Very sturdy, although blackhawk is made overseas so careful with the zippers. If this is an overnight bag, you have too much s**t. This is an over month bag, or longer. Very well thought out. Not enough pockets tho......joking. This, or an equivalent sized bag, turns many trips out the door in a hurry....into one. Thanks op!

Bag Report:

My bag arrived today and material is of heavy construction, frame is solid, and this thing is huge - 40" x 20" x 10".
Many pockets with two dividers that can be placed by velcro inside bag at various locations. One divider has zipper for storage inside.
Did any of you get the three free gun cleaning mats in the bottom of your bag also?
(actually, these are foam 40" x 20" Top mat, and two 40" x 20" side mats - there is zipper locations to install these pads for support protection)

I did not see the YKK on the zipper? (The zippers have a cord type material instead of metal tab so this might be why they don't say YKK)

The zipper appears to be the only possible weak link on the bag. I was able to induce a zipper failure on the long zipper with some effort. I could force the long zipper failure by getting zipper to skip a tooth so instead of one to one match up you would have one position with one to two tooth match up. If you pull on bag in this location of teeth miss match, you will get a "rip open" effect that will allow zipper to lose strength and bag to rip open. This can easily be remedied by slowing down when zipping long zipper and watching to ensure one to one match with teeth. When one to one teeth match occurred I could not induce a zipper / bag open failure. It was easy to get one to one zipper tooth match if I paid attention.

My previous experience with "long zipper failure" was exiting a cruse ship with a carry on bag that popped open at bottom of board walk. It was kind of hard explaining the extra bottles of vodka and striped tightie white-ies to the crew - but that was a different story...........

The bag has three straps that go around bag for strength and support of bag after closure.

Summary:
For the low price and overall construction of bag, I am satisfied with my purchase and will use bag for storage, camping, etc.
Take precaution to ensure long zipper has one to one tooth match when zipping and always use the three straps to secure closure after zipping.
If zipper failures go from having to be induced to common, I will replace long zipper myself with industrial strength one.

If you plan on using this bag as an every day carry for checking airline baggage, make sure you use bleach on your undies.....

This bag is legit with BlackHawk label inside - some fellow ODT'ers helped point out some of the items I missed. I would buy another one.

Last edited:
Nice report! The zippers have a cord type material instead of the metal tab so that may be why they don't say YKK. I've never seen a zipper with YKK on the carrier piece.

Back
Top Bottom