Night vision hog hunts .

Interested, very interested. If you supplied everything but camo and snacks then to be competitive i would say the $200-$400 range.

I think at $200-$250 you would book as many hunts as you wanted. I'd love to do the hogswat thing w/ the thermals, but $500 is too much for me. I'm not busting his chops about price, he has tens of thousands tied up in optics.

WGI_0477.jpg
Got a couple cruising around.

Would be willing to pay more for guaranteed hunts. If im guaranteed a good time and a kill i'd pay $300. The thing about something that is not guaranteed is you can do that at any WMA, maybe not at night though.

I'd really like to do it but the prices I've seen are too high for me to try something out I'm not sure I'd like and potentially get skunked. I'd be more apt to do something with a modest fee and then another charge if I kill something. Seems like if I was a 'guide' and was confident in my abilities, I'd be happy to say "Two gun minimum, $100 each and $100 each for first two pigs, $50 for each additional pig. I'd make $200 for taking a couple of guys out and if they each get one I pocket $400. I'd guess that would be worth my time and presumably theirs.
^^^This is a good reasonable price line. $100 up front, then charge by the pig. If you provide the weapon(s) then maybe add $50. And if they don't get any pigs then have a range set up so they can shoot some lead with some cool optics, that way they don't feel their night or money was wasted. This would be a great start to business. The things to consider are:
Is it a garaunteed hunt?
Amount of time?
What are you providing? (Weapons, optics, ammo, transportation, lodging)

Last edited:
Location would also effect price...But for ODT guys and gals, I think $50 is fair... :cool:
I have several properties, (one in particular I'd say easily 90% guaranteed nightly hog kill if you have a 200yd rifle)
However, there are some ODTards I wouldn't allow on any of the properties even if they offered me $5k/night.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom