• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No Love For The 38 Special

Best 38 I ever shot, carry gun wise, was an old snub nose smith my father picked up can't remember what model but none the less it's a great carry gun

Remember the house invasion and the lady and her child hid in the closet. When he opened the door she put five 38 rounds in his face and he still managed to run away. I believe that was a home defense ammo foul up. Five 38 hollow points to the head is going to drop someone like a sack of wet clams. With todays ammo inprovement the 38 can be and effective round. Of course six +P rounds wouldn't hurt to have as well. But the 9mm despite it shorter lenght has a pressure rating of about 35,000 psi and the 38 has about 20,000 psi. The 9mil also delivers almost 200 more lbs. or force. Don't get me wrong the 38 can kill you and do it quick with the right shot placement. So what you rather have six rounds of 38 or 18 rounds of 9mm. The ballistics speak for themselves. Hell a 22 will kill deader that a door nail but I wouldn't want to attempt to protect my family with it. I will stick with my 357, 45 acp and my 10mm. I aint taking any chances.

Back
Top Bottom