• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No Scammers

You guys want to know why these scams just keep coming? Because people keep falling for them. There have been 4 or 5 ads today alone that were beyond ridiculous, like $3000-4000 guns listed for $1000 by brand new accounts with one post ridiculous. Every single one of them had at least half a dozen users PMing them trying to buy whatever it was they were selling and just begging to get screwed. If it looks to good to be true, it's too ****ing good to be true. Period. Stop engaging them. Don't PM them, don't comment on the ad, don't do anything other than report it so we can deal with it.
thats funny rite thar. You know damn well they to stupid to pay attention

You guys want to know why these scams just keep coming? Because people keep falling for them. There have been 4 or 5 ads today alone that were beyond ridiculous, like $3000-4000 guns listed for $1000 by brand new accounts with one post ridiculous. Every single one of them had at least half a dozen users PMing them trying to buy whatever it was they were selling and just begging to get screwed. If it looks to good to be true, it's too ****ing good to be true. Period. Stop engaging them. Don't PM them, don't comment on the ad, don't do anything other than report it so we can deal with it.

I find it mind boggling that people fall these ad's they're so obvious.

I find it mind boggling that people fall these ad's they're so obvious.

One would think. But every single one of them will have multiple PM's within minutes of being posted. All they gotta do is post something cheap and guys will be falling all over themselves to be the first one in line to get screwed.

It's not just the PM's either. It's important to understand that responding to an ad like that in any way, be it PM, one of the emoji responses, or replying to the thread - even if you're replying with a negative comment - is a positive engagement as far as the scammer is concerned. Giving a response, any response, is just encouraging them to keep coming back and making the problem worse.

One would think. But every single one of them will have multiple PM's within minutes of being posted. All they gotta do is post something cheap and guys will be falling all over themselves to be the first one in line to get screwed.

I remember when a female member, probably a fat sweaty guy in mommies basement, scammed a few dumbasses. High dollar optic and a Beretta come to mind.

Had two guys (or bots??) email me saying they knew a guy with what I wanted for sale. Provided an email address. Yall had them deleted quick.
I'm pretty new around here and I mostly lurk but the moment I posted a looking-to-buy ad I instantly got these in my DMs. Had one guy tell me pretty much word for word the same thing and quickly realized it was a scam. Sent him an IP grabber link because I was curious where he was really from (had terrible english too) and surprise surprise, IP came up from Ghana. He got banned pretty damn fast.

I'm pretty new around here and I mostly lurk but the moment I posted a looking-to-buy ad I instantly got these in my DMs. Had one guy tell me pretty much word for word the same thing and quickly realized it was a scam. Sent him an IP grabber link because I was curious where he was really from (had terrible english too) and surprise surprise, IP came up from Ghana. He got banned pretty damn fast.
If people would report them we can get them sorted pretty quick.

Back
Top Bottom