"No shipping" is getting old.

That must be it then. Before I discovered ODT I did alot of buying and selling on gunbroker. I would have to go to the UPS hub in Bogart to ship my pistols. The fact that they required them to be shipped overnight was what really jacked the cost up.

Sometimes I would get lucky and the person working the counter that day wouldn't know that they were supposed to overnight pistols. I wouldn't tell them (they should have people working there that know their job) and I could ship the gun much cheaper.
That's kinda how I found the ODT. I was trying to sell an $100 derringer on gunbroker but every time someone would be interested in buying it ,shipping just across Georgia was like $50 or so,no telling what it would be going nationwide somewhere.Then somebody told me about ODT and the derringer was gone in one day with no shipping involved.That's where my addiction started! haha:becky:

That's kinda how I found the ODT. I was trying to sell an $100 derringer on gunbroker but every time someone would be interested in buying it ,shipping just across Georgia was like $50 or so,no telling what it would be going nationwide somewhere.Then somebody told me about ODT and the derringer was gone in one day with no shipping involved.That's where my addiction started! haha:becky:
Yeah, shipping and transfer fees usually kill any decent deal on gunbroker. That's why I started looking for a local site. I joined GPDO first and lasted a couple months before they gave me the boot. LOL No big loss anyway. Their classifieds are dead and most of the people there are way too uptight. So after they ran me off, I started looking for another local site and that's when I found all you crazy SOBs and figured out that I'd fit right in! Hahaha!

Very true, but there are a BUNCH of people that don't know this, or are scared to do it for whatever reason. I've shipped lowers to other Georgia residents before. Just insure it and require that it be signed for. Never had a problem.

It's really hard to get about 90% of sellers/buyers to believe this.

I don't mind shipping, send me a copy of your GWL, payment, and I'll ship it to the name and address on the GWL, signature required.

if you start telling me that you can't sign for it, and there's no one there than can sign for it, then that's a different story.

It's really hard to get about 90% of sellers/buyers to believe this.

I don't mind shipping, send me a copy of your GWL, payment, and I'll ship it to the name and address on the GWL, signature required.

if you start telling me that you can't sign for it, and there's no one there than can sign for it, then that's a different story.

P.S. I've only been hosed once as a buyer on ODT, and the USPS is investigation that right now. Hint to scammers: Don't request a USPS MO, it leaves such a nice paper trail. Fortunately for me, it was only $40.

P.S. I've only been hosed once as a buyer on ODT, and the USPS is investigation that right now. Hint to scammers: Don't request a USPS MO, it leaves such a nice paper trail. Fortunately for me, it was only $40.
I think it's a felony too regardless of the amount. That dude is gonna be REAL sorry.

As far as being signed for, if nobody is home they'll just take it back to the Post Office and the person can go pick it up and sign for it there whenever they have time.

I think it's a felony too regardless of the amount. That dude is gonna be REAL sorry.

As far as being signed for, if nobody is home they'll just take it back to the Post Office and the person can go pick it up and sign for it there whenever they have time.

You know that and I know that, but we are dealing with the ME generation who are just too busy doing so many important things to bother going to the post office.

Back
Top Bottom