"No shipping" is getting old.

It's really hard to get about 90% of sellers/buyers to believe this.

I don't mind shipping, send me a copy of your GWL, payment, and I'll ship it to the name and address on the GWL, signature required.

if you start telling me that you can't sign for it, and there's no one there than can sign for it, then that's a different story.

Just a quick note on the GWCL: using the listed address isn't always appropriate. The State does not require an address change if the holder moves to a new residence, as is the case with my card. Address change is made on the next renewal. Also, even if you move out of Georgia, the GWCL is still valid so by just following the information on the card, you could potentially make an interstate sale if that individual is now a resident of another state

Also, even if you move out of Georgia, the GWCL is still valid so by just following the information on the card, you could potentially make an interstate sale if that individual is now a resident of another state

As a non-licensed seller (private seller) I am only charged with "reason to know" that the buyer is a non-resident. If he wants to fraudulently present a GWL to illegally purchase a firearm, and sign for it, more power to him.

Everything you state could equally be said about a FTF or FFL purchase. In a FTF, the seller has no way of knowing that I live at the address on the card, or that the card is even valid (it could have been revoked by the probate court, or i could have become ineligible to have one).

Your success with keeping firearms out of the hands of criminals will be as successful as driving the speed limit in the left lane to prevent people from speeding.
What if you sold someone a used car and they drove drunk with no license or insurance?

KNOWINGLY. What you don't know, don't matter.

If a criminal wants a firearm, they will get a firearm, even if they have to pry it from your cold dead hand.

Regardless. The best way to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals, would be to cut off the hand of the criminal.

We have plenty of rules, regulations, and laws that are not being upheld or enforced, due to there lack of revenue.

Back
Top Bottom