• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"No shipping" is getting old.

Tusker6N

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
77   0
Reaction score
What's the deal with no one willing to ship?
On the buyer's dime it costs a fraction of the time and money. I've sold 2 rifles on here in the past and it cost $10 for a gun case and $18 for shipping to the buyer's FFL. $28 is a lot cheaper than 8 hours of driving and gas money.

I can understand ammo and powder. HAZMAT fee is crazy.

Just had to put this out there...I'm often let down by sellers due to a great deal; but NO shipping.

Most of the time shipping and FFL fees would kill the deal for me. It costs $40 minimum to ship ($20 ffl transfer plus actual shipping), then typically $20 on the receiving end. Thats because the deals aren't all that great anymore on ODT. Not to mention the risk of paying before you actually see it and hassle of actually shipping it. I would REALLY want or need something to go through it, and the buyer/seller would have to have a lot of +feedback.

I've PMed a few sellers on here that had "NO" beside the shipping option in their ad, and they actually were willing to ship if I paid for it. It never hurts to ask.

How are you shipping guns for $18? The last pistol I shipped was with UPS and it cost around $60 because I had to insure it and they made me overnight it.

What's the deal with no one willing to ship?
On the buyer's dime it costs a fraction of the time and money. I've sold 2 rifles on here in the past and it cost $10 for a gun case and $18 for shipping to the buyer's FFL. $28 is a lot cheaper than 8 hours of driving and gas money.

I can understand ammo and powder. HAZMAT fee is crazy.

Just had to put this out there...I'm often let down by sellers due to a great deal; but NO shipping.

I have shipped pistols, rifles, parts all over the US, and bought the same. Of course it was on other sites that have a much better "Code of Conduct" when it comes to dealing than we have here. A stringent, but fair code for dealing relieves much of the doubt that exist here. Non the less, I have shipped/received from trusted members here (read ZERO negative feedback) without issue. I too don't really understand the reluctance to ship considering the seller will the receive the funds, including the shipping costs prior to shipping, especially in the case of small. low cost parts..... :noidea:

Think most fear the process more than the shipping and FFL fees.

Fear of the unknown.

Ive bought/sold and shipped several lately from other forums and having places that do free transfers makes it a no brainer.

Long guns don't have to be shipped through an FFL

I am in the other Georgia than most of you. I think it normally cost $25 to ship. If I go to Atlanta it cost me a few hours driving, gas, supper for 4, a stop at Academy for softball stuff, a lets run by .... Yeah its cheaper to ship. I generally list as no but its dependent on what we work out.

Back
Top Bottom