• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Non lead hunting bullet

Barnes all the way, they make awesome bullets that will lay the smack down!
And they do it extremely well on a variety of game. Almost all of the dozens of BG animals I mentioned in the earlier post (including both the 90lb and 850lb) were taken with the 168gr TTSX out of a 300 WSM.

And they do it extremely well on a variety of game. Almost all of the dozens of BG animals I mentioned in the earlier post (including both the 90lb and 850lb) were taken with the 168gr TTSX out of a 300 WSM.
I became a believer last year with the 30-30. Now I'm switching to use them in all my calibers. Heck I even have them for my muzzle loader!

But it only comes in (100 and) 120grain. :(
Even though I've only used 140 with superior results I suppose I'd gamble down to 130.

We load the 120 TTSX, in a 26 NOSLER WITH REMARKABLE, it also works well in 264 Win Mag, and the Rem 260, Nosler 130 grain in the ACCUBOND also is a great option also and work with success also...

just a simple suggestion...

Remmy, has GREAT LOAD HE DEVELOPED, you may want to contact him...

Why? I've used them on dozens of big game animals varying in weight from 90lbs to 850lbs. They have performed flawlessly.

It's just a personal preference. They perform exactly like they are designed to do on everything I have shot with them, however about 90% of the game I have shot have ran requiring tracking. Most not very far but none the less they have. I have shot whitetail from 50-450yds with them.
L This is because the bullet doesn't leave it's mass of energy in the animal because it's made to expand and drive through. That it does very well. Never had any that didn't pass through. I just prefer the boom flop that a Berger gives. I also shoot accubonds and I feel like I get more internal damage with it and the Berger than with the Barnes.

Like I said just personal preference nothing wrong with them. Oh and I have gotten accuracy as good out of them as anything I have loaded on most everything I have loaded them in. Very easy bullets to work a load in my opinion

It's just a personal preference. They perform exactly like they are designed to do on everything I have shot with them, however about 90% of the game I have shot have ran requiring tracking. Most not very far but none the less they have. I have shot whitetail from 50-450yds with them.
L This is because the bullet doesn't leave it's mass of energy in the animal because it's made to expand and drive through. That it does very well. Never had any that didn't pass through. I just prefer the boom flop that a Berger gives. I also shoot accubonds and I feel like I get more internal damage with it and the Berger than with the Barnes.

Like I said just personal preference nothing wrong with them. Oh and I have gotten accuracy as good out of them as anything I have loaded on most everything I have loaded them in. Very easy bullets to work a load in my opinion

Completely agree with everything here. I just prefer a reliable pass through and don't mind the tracking when it's a good blood trail, which the Barnes always provides.

DAMN! It's got to be a problem with twist rate. Does Barnes recommend minimum twist for this particular bullet?
Exactly. 1:8 is the rec and I'm sure since this is an older rifle (1999, Remington introduced the chambering in 1997) it's a 1:10. (Haven't' measured it yet, will later). Apparently Remington realized they had a problem with longer bullets and moved to a 1:9 and STILL had a problem and eventually moved to 1:8.
Crazy thing is this rifle shoots sub 1/2 groups with 140 grain Remington Core Lokt Ultra's and of course..... those are not longer made. :frusty:
Back to lead I guess and now I need to go RE-sight in my rifle. :mmph:
Anybody want to buy a bunch of 'components' for .260 featuring fancy bullets? :tape2:

Back
Top Bottom