• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Non lead hunting bullet

But it only comes in (100 and) 120grain. :(
Even though I've only used 140 with superior results I suppose I'd gamble down to 130.
Hey man please allow me to interject here. A Bullet with lead in it will loose 10 percent or more of its total weight when impacting a fleshy target. The solids will remain 120 grains through pass through. Just food for thought.

Had to go buy some factory ammo in a rush and Fed Prem BTs were the only thing I could find. They'll have to do this season but I've GOT to start reloading! :mmph: And oh yeah, I can't see round targets for squat anymore. Need to get some crosshair/diamonds again.

View attachment 1790780
10153856.jpg

Not too shabby for factory ammo!
The gun shoots really well. I've shot sub half inch groups with Core Lokts (Ultras and standards). I was kind of rushed and as mentioned, those small round targets at 125 yards weren't going to let me maximize my feeble abilities. Progressive lenses are an adventure. :(
I'm sure it can duplicate those groups with this ammo.

Yeah man but with the shoot and see you can actually see the bullet holes from 100 yards away.
I use a spotter regardless. Actually on this rifle I can see them in the scope (VX3 4.5-14x).
Those targets are just too "fancy" for me.
In all seriousness I like a light background to maximize the reticle viewing.

I think that eventually lead will be nonexistent in hunting purposes. I have already
gone away from using steel while waterfowl hunting. I find that the Hevishot
is simply a better product and of course it's non-tox.

Back
Top Bottom