Noob question - upgrades?

shootermattgo

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
7   0
Reaction score
I am thinking of putting a little money into my Canik 55 S-120, but I am not really familiar with what these potential "upgrades" would do for me. The spring kit tells you what it can do for the gun, but the other parts don't really say what they would improve. I am currently using this gun to compete (IDPA), and overall I really like it. There is some creep in the trigger, and the reset probably could be better...would these parts help?

http://cajungunworks.com/canik_-_tristar.html

30100 - The Ultimate Canik Upgrade. Allows for independent lifter arm function, billet adjustable sear, super hard hammer pins, and our famous Race hammer. Everything to convert your Canik's sear cage for amazing performance.

I found a little information via a few Google searches, but I would like a Gunsmith/Experienced shooters advice on this one.

If you are hoping that the trigger creep and reset will be fixed by this kit, I wouldn't hold it out too long. A DA/SA gun is always going to have trigger creep, it's just the nature of the trigger stroke. A kit "might" help reset, but again, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Overall, I'm not terribly familiar with the Canik but just like Tangfolio's and EAA's, it's a simple CZ clone. If it were me, I'd keep the money and get good on the gun as it is. Dropping $200 into a CZ clone isn't going to make it a CZ.

Perhaps someone will come along who knows more than I do but if it were me, I'd keep my $148.00.

I think the canik is a excellent platform for upgrades. My buddy did an awesome trigger job on mine and im using it next match instead of my CZ SP-01.

Back
Top Bottom