Northern zone baiting laws

There ya go, keep it old school. I hunt in Kentucky a couple of trips a year and have never put corn out up there and it has been legal for as long as I can remeber

Have heard a couple rumors floating around that they may be allowing hunting over bait this upcoming season. Think it is just here say or truth to it?
Go to one of the DNR meetings and voice your opinion. There is one tonight @ 1700hrs in Stockbridge or one in Elijay on the 12th @ 1700 hrs. Those look to be the closest to you. You can always email or snail mail the DNR as well.

Go to one of the DNR meetings and voice your opinion. There is one tonight @ 1700hrs in Stockbridge or one in Elijay on the 12th @ 1700 hrs. Those look to be the closest to you. You can always email or snail mail the DNR as well.

Not discouraging anyone from participating in DNR meetings (you can also submit comments online) but DNR has squat to do with baiting issue, it's purely a political decision (just like the overall limit). FWIW, DNR is "unofficially" opposed to baiting 110% and the southern zone baiting was enacted by the game biologists in the legislature over the strong objections of DNR.

Don't think I would care one way or then other, have never hunted over bait before but then again what are food plots

Y'all must have a lot of goat farmers in the northern zone,every Walmart and academy I've visited in and around Atlanta have multiple pallets of corn for sale.

Back
Top Bottom