• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nostalgia time here (80's BMX)

New grips, bottom bracket, front cog, chain, and brake pads. Jus need some new shooz now...

20221202_174210.jpg

GT Mach One was my ride back in the day. Along with Schwinn Predator, and GT Dyno. These days i ride a trek mtn bike. Been looking into getting a Santa Cruz 5010 or nomad. I always enjoy seeing some old school bmx’s.
I have my brother’s old GT Mach One, from around ‘85. It definitely needs a good cleaning and restoration. It’s all original, though.

I just got a Trek mtn bike too. I’m really digging it so far. I will upgrade a couple parts eventually, but I like the Trek. It’s a smooth ride and I don’t need anything more for my style of riding these days.

Dang talk about nostalgia here. My friends and I rode BMX bikes through the 80s. My best friend had a GT Dyno and I had a Diamondback. One of the other kids that rode with us had a Mongoose. I remember tearing it up all over the neighborhood, school, etc. I sold my Diamondback sometime back in the mid to late 90s. And now I wish I still had it :(

General hustler here from 87, had mongoose with the mags, can't remember the one that the solid wheel coverings
raised hell all up and down Austell road and side streets and Tapp middle as well.... definitely miss those days

View attachment 7080492
Bro!!! We were at Tapp at the same time!!! Holy cow what a small world!! Have you seen the track lately? Went last weekend and it’s been completely redone and relocated!!

Bro!!! We were at Tapp at the same time!!! Holy cow what a small world!! Have you seen the track lately? Went last weekend and it’s been completely redone and relocated!!
Yes sir small indeed! Unfortunately through life's travels it's been probably around 20 years since I've laid eyes on the place. I'm sure we've probably traded dirt rash before LOL 😆

Back
Top Bottom