• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Not focus on weapon bans or gun control.. focus on metal illness

My friend who is anti-gun (yes I know I said "friend" and "anti-gun" in the same sentence, referring to the same person) has the solution to this problem: get rid of all the guns.

Well since that will solve the violent solution you should ask your friend, do they remember Timmothy Mcvey?

Well since that will solve the violent solution you should ask your friend, do they remember Timmothy Mcvey?

No no no no don't want to hear about Tim McVeigh because that was a one time occurance, don't want to hear about the guy in Henan, China who stabbed all those children because they didn't die, don't want to hear about the nut with the chainsaw that attacked that guy in a NY subway. Just get rid of ALL the guns.

I just got an email that says the three points of the legislation Obama wants.

1. A so-called "Assault Weapons" Ban,

2. A "High-Capacity" Magazine Ban, and

3. A ban on ALL Private Firearms Sales without government permission.

I think it's all nonsense until we address mental health. Also, why take away private sales?
They just want the guns gone period. They don't care how and they don't care about dead kids.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/dec/17/us-killings-tragedies-pakistan-bug-splats

I had to post this great article my wife sent me, it focuses on realizing mental illness and not gun control as most guns are aquired legally.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...er-mental-illness-conversation_n_2311009.html

To slow the fire down alittle, maybe?

Illness shmillness, EVIL has reared its head again(4th time on Obamas watch). Everyone is "normal" on a continuum of abnormality, some just give in to the dark side. No regard for human life, no regard for laws, no regard for respect, decency, and the devaluing of morals, work ethic, and a "true" functional family are the culprits(IMO). Rant over. P.s. I worked in "mental illness" for many years-a majority of it is plain old unfulfilled attention seeking behavior. Whew!

I just got an email that says the three points of the legislation Obama wants.

1. A so-called "Assault Weapons" Ban,

2. A "High-Capacity" Magazine Ban, and

3. A ban on ALL Private Firearms Sales without government permission.

I think it's all nonsense until we address mental health. Also, why take away private sales?
They just want the guns gone period. They don't care how and they don't care about dead kids.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/dec/17/us-killings-tragedies-pakistan-bug-splats

#3 would kill us all!!

Why is no one acknowledging the fact that he stole the weapons. All the rules in the world and addressing the mental health of weapon buyers/owners isn't going to fix that.

If #3 occurred the black market would explode! I guess we'd all have to have our collections where we wanted them before it took effect? Until something is retroactive we'd be fairly safe, I suppose.

I wonder what this will do to values?

Back
Top Bottom