• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Now Hiring Land Surveyors

This thread caught my attention. I started surveying when I was 12, mostly summers during those years of my younger life. I cut my teeth under a marine and in front of a K&E with the dumb end of a 300' chain in one hand and a machete in the other. Those were the days of the school of hard knocks under that marine, especially in the hills of North GA. It was hard work at times running property lines because we would have to chainsaw trees to run a straight line. That marine knew his business but did his best using a basic calculator. Several years later I finally got smart and purchased an HP with a survey pack and learned how to run offsets, etc. Carrying an HP is much easier than carrying a chainsaw, lol. When I turned 21 I purchased my first instrument and data collection system and continued from there. Sir, I understand what it's like trying to find good help, those that are willing to give you 100%. I wish you my very best. And if I hear of a qualified and willing candidate in your area I'll give you a shout. -Cj

It's a great field to get into. It's been good to me for many years. I started out residential cutting line doing boundary and setting pins then moved into highway and roadway and have been there for 15 years or so. If you have ambition and take pride in your work and have a hunger for knowledge this is a good way to make a living and be one of the lucky folks that enjoy going to work everyday. Good luck and yes there are still a few good helpers out there.

Back
Top Bottom