• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Now i really want another glock..

I remember I shot one many years ago. I had been competing in IDPA for several years and a few shooters were talking about it. I volunteered to help with the match so I could learn more. (I shot IDPA with a 70 series Colt Combat Commander at the time.)

I helped set up stages and talked with all the Glock armorers. There were a few Glock factory shooters there too and everyone was really really nice. I was impressed that you could bring your Glock to the armorer and they would strip it down, check everything, and replace anything that even LOOKED worn oddly. The factory shooters were giving tips and sharing knowledge. Everyone was friendly.

I didn't have or own a Glock but they let me compete by loaning me a 19 for the match. I wasn't officially in the cards but it was nice of them to let me try their pistol out.

I learned a lot that day and wound up buying a used 23 from a fellow idpa shooter a few weeks later.

I'm not a huge Glock fan but I respect it as a reliable and accurate weapon as well as respect them as a company with excellent customer service.

I may just keep the OD G32 I listed here because of all that. I've just been on a revolver kick and can't afford all the toys I want.

Even though I loves my 9c and carry the crap out of it, I still use my.glock cleaning mat, love wearing my glock hat, and really.enjoying my.glock book. Now, after.some research and a couple YouTube videos, I must say, those gssf shoots look fun as hell! Anyone ever do one? Doesn't.seem too hard although I'm sure ill find out otherwise my first.match, but if for no other reason than gssf shoots, I gotta get me a 19!

I have a BNIB g21 gen3 rtf2 for you! At a non panic, non ODT price. It's only 550. lol not 700!

What my comment of "Everyone is deadly accurate until the buzzer goes off and you go full retard" means is that everyone can shoot tight little groups when standing still in a lane just casually shooting. When you are put under stress and under a timer, things change. Ive seen it in every discipline that I have shot in, or been an RO for. This guys rifle shoots .24 groups when there is plenty of time to lay there and squeeze the rigger, and readjust after each shot. But give him a time limit and that group is no where near that small. Or with pistol shooting, put a target a target at 7 yards and every shot is in the A zone .... now add in sprinting to that position to shoot 2 rounds at a target then having to move to the next spot to see the next target and knowing you are being timed and you now have an Alpha and a Charlie ... Or even a Charlie and a Mike.

standing there just target shooting is one thing, target shooting with stressors is another thing.

Really? Is it different? I was thinking it was utterly unique among skills...every other skill in the world is more difficult and stressful when put on the spot with a timer, deadline, competition, or whatever, right? Except shooting...that's the one I figured would actually be easier with the added pressure.

Thanks for setting us all straight. I must no go rethink my life and every plan I ever had related in any way to firearms.

Back
Top Bottom